Wednesday, September 11, 2024

My name - Haobin Ruan


 

Haobin Ruan

September 1, 2024

ESL 100-CE

                                                                    Best Wishes

          Everyone’s name has a special meaning that also includes their family’s best wishes. My name is Haobin Ruan.  I inherited my last name from my father’s family. As many Chinese, we have a pedigree of a clan, it introduces where we are from. The Chinese character for Ruan is . That is a Chinese ancient country’s name, but local people used it to make the last name. The Chinese character for Ruan has another meaning like a musical instruments PIPE. Hao Chinese character is . Hao means the first bright light appearing in the world when the sun rises. When I asked my parents why my name has , they said they hoped me would become strong and energetic. Bin is . This was written by my grandmother. In my grandmother’s time, she and her friend didn’t have a good educational environment. They lived in their hometown and worked on the farm. Therefore, my grandmother hoped I can be a person with good culture and good manners. She loves to call my nickname BinBin because it sounds like safety in Chinese. I like my name because each character includes my family’s best wishes.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Haobin Ruan! It's so beautiful to know that you are called that and how it connects you with your family. May all those good wishes come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Haobin! Your name sounds beautiful, l rarely hears people's name with Ruan, but it is truly sounds beautiful. This name can show your family's love for you, l hopes all these wishes come true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haobin, I didn't know the meaning of each character in your name before reading your post. I didn't know Ruan was a country's name. I know more about history now. Thank you for sharing. This is a meaningful name, and it carries the blessings of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BinBin, I just tried to call you by your nickname. You have such a cute nickname! I envy you, because I don't have any cute nickname. Also, I can feel a harmonious family in your article. thank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Haobin! I think your name is so pretty. You are the first person I know who first name is Ruan. Your last name is nice and your first name is full of your family’s love for you.☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Haobin! Glad to see you share the origin of your name. It's my first time know what's your actual Chinese characters of your name. thanks for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...