Wednesday, September 11, 2024

My Name - Jennifer Rodríguez


Behind the Names

When I think about the meaning of names, I can imagine the powerful energy behind the person who has it. However, I don’t know what my name means. Maybe, if I understood it, I could discover something deeper about myself. 

My father has told me all my life that I’m like a star, a bright light in the sky that everyone can see and admire. He called me Jennifer because he likes an American actress with that name. He doesn’t remember her last name, and I’m not sure if I want to know who she is. He wanted me to be like her, famous, important, and influential. Nevertheless, I never have wanted to be admired and seen by others. It was his dream, not mine.

I love my name. It sounds like a beam of light trying to enter a forest, delicate and at the same time, strong. That is why I want to give it a meaning based on who I am, not on who someone else was. Defining who I am is complex. While I discover more about my deeper soul, I can say that Jennifer means resilience, positivity, kindness, a beautiful mess, and a radiant smile.

💜
 


 

10 comments:

  1. hi, Jennifer, your writing is inspired for me, it is so awesome. You have given your name a personal meaning that reflects who you are. I can sense the gentleness in your name, your deeper soul. Just like the picture, you are like a ray of light in the forest, bright and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jay! Your article is so good. I can know more about your name on it. I love the way how you explain your name. You said that your name sounds like a beam of light tries to enter a forest. You must have a deep feeling for your name because this description is very similar to how you make me feel--delicate and strong. At the end, you define your name by yourself. I like your attitude. Everyone is sepcial, and only ourselves can define ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay, I really enjoyed reading your post. The sentences are so beautiful. I like the new meaning you gave your name. I agree with you that everyone is different. Some people have the same name, but it doesn't mean everything is the same. You can only be yourself. Thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jay, Your name has a lot of beautiful meanings. Like what your name means, you are! I have never imagine what my name means. I love what you thought about your name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jay, I glad to read your article. We probably have a chance to encounter the people who have the same name in daily lives. However, our existences rely on our amazing souls but name. If your dream has a one day like sunshine shines in real life, I sincerely hope that what you think is what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenni, what a beautiful essay you wrote. I am really touched by your story because I think most of us have gone through a journey of self-discovery. Don't forget that you are beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The story behind your beautiful name touched my heart , all love .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Jennifer! Your writing is so delicate and beautiful. I appreciate your thoughts. You are who you are. You give new meaning to your name, not the name defines you.☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jay, I really appreciate how you describe your name and how you see yourself in it .Love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenni, what a beautiful essay you made. Your name is very beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...