Thursday, September 12, 2024

My name -- Yaen Mei

Yaen Mei

ESLINTG 100

September 13, 2024

My Precious

       My name is Yaen Mei. In Chinese, it has three characters. My first name 雅恩 means elegant and thankful, and my last name is one kind of flower, which is plum blossom. I got my name from my father's sister. In fact, my parents chose a lot of names for me before I was born. However, they were not really satisfied on these earlier names. They decided to get some advice from my aunt after their discussion. She picked two characters from the dictionary. Although my father's sister said she just thought that these two characters were pronounced conveniently, I think these two characters must be the best wishes from my parents to me. They hope that I can be a grateful, polite person in my future life. Honestly, I can't guarantee that I show all the characteristics every time, but I really appreciate that I have this name. If you ask me to change my name, I would say no. Because my name only represents me, it is unique and precious.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Yaen, it's very interesting to learn about how you got your name. Your family really valued giving their child a meaningful name. My name is very common, and my parents just thought that a girl should use this name. They didn't think that a popular name would bring me trouble. I really envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yaen,
    Your name has absolutely good meanings. Now that I think about it, I've never called you by your Chinese name at the school. I will ask you on Monday how pronounce your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Yaen! When I first time knew your Chinese name, I thought it sounded good. Your name sounds like the transliterated name of Korean star’s. I really like it. Your Chinese name sounds much better than your English name.😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yaen, nice to hear you take about your past experience. Your name is not common, it looks like the Chinese plum blossoms, orchids, bamboo, and chrysanthemums, it feels like elegance and class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Yaen. I like your name. When I frist name met your and heard your name, and I thought your name is so match your personality. You have a unquie Chinaese name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yaen, the story of your name is interesting. It's nice that you feel completely identified with it. Your name sounds very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...