Thursday, September 12, 2024

My name - Solee Kim

Solee Kim

ESLINTG 100 CE

September 2, 2024

Sol like a Sun

                  I love my name, Sol. My official name is Solee Kim. In Korean, it has three letters, but most people call me just sol to make it simple. My parents named me. Sol means clean, clear, and blue in Korean. My name is easy to pronounce and remember by other people. When I meet new people, I love to introduce my name. Apparently, Sol means sun in spanish. It has a similar meaning compared to Sol in Korean. I like both of them. A Mexican friend used to call me My Sun. I was impressed with it when I heard it for the first time. My name could have other beautiful meanings in other languages.

                 In general, Korean names have three letters. Most Koreans like to use the same letter of the letters of their children's' first name similarly like Eun Ji Kim, Eun Bi Kim, and Eun Su Kim. Both of my parents even have similar names with their siblings. However, my siblings and I have totally different names. I have two sisters Dan Bi Kim and Seul Ki Kim. My sisters and I are content with our different names. I feel that we have our own identity, and we are independent people from our names.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sol, I like to call you Sol too. 😁 Through reading your article, I know more about you now. I think your personality is exactly what the meaning of your name is. You are cheerful and approachable, as warm and bright as the sun. Thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sol! After reading your sharing, I feel that you are like a sun, warm and positive. You are exactly what your name means. Your name is very cute and suits you.😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sol! I still remember that how you explain your name in class to me. You said that your name has the meaning of sun. It's impressing me. In your article, you said your name represents clean, clear, and blue in Korean as well. It's my first time hear that. I'm glad to hear that the story and more meanings about your name. (❁´◡`❁)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not suprised when I read your sharing , your name is so pretty just like you , all love .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sol! I love your name. As you say, Sol in Spanish is Sun in English ☀️. I think your name represents the light you have to illuminate all people. Congratulations for your beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sol. Glad, to read your article. Simply way is the best way to remember. I imagine the vocabulary clean, clear, and blue putting together that sounds like the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Solee. When I first heard your name I thought it was very pretty because it sounds so good in Spanish. It also has a beautiful meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...