Thursday, September 12, 2024

My Name - ShanShan Li

 The Number Three and Shanshan 

My name is Shanshan Li. Shanshan is my first name. Li is my last name. The Chinese characters of my name are 姗姗. In Chinese tradition, my last name is the same as my family’s. When it comes to my name, it's interesting. Here is a story about how I got my name. I was only about three pounds when I was born. Shan is pronounced like the number three in Chinese. Many Chinese names are reduplicate because they sound cute and are easy to remember. For these reasons, my family gave me this meaningful and beautiful name. At first, I didn't like my name very much. It is very popular in China, and there is even a celebrity named Shanshan. Therefore, many people have the same name as me, and I really want to have a unique name. Now, I have learned to accept this name. I don't think about changing my name now. When my family and friends call me Shanshan, I can feel so much love. If I change my name, I wouldn’t be me anymore. 




11 comments:

  1. Hi ShanShan! Thanks for share the story about your name. I think it is very beautiful, it sound so cute, like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the story behind your name is interesting. l thinks this interesting story can let your name becomes unique although there are many people have this name too, they don't have the same story as interesting as you. This name holds a unique meaning for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanshan, your name is easy to pronounce and remember. I know your name is as popular as mine. Having the same name doesn't mean everything is the same. Everyone is unique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, ShanShan
    I didn't know that a lot of people have the same name as yours, but I'm sure that your name is so adorable. It make me imagine one of the scene in Chinese movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shan Shan,
    I didn't know that a lot of people have the same name as yours, but I'm sure that your name is so adorable. It make me imagine one of the scene in Chinese movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shanshan! You said that your name is repeated frequently in China, but I think it's not a problems. Everyone has their own characteristics. No body can replace you even you have countless namesake. Also, you are the only one person named Shanshan that I know. It's a cute name:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shanshan. You have a very nice name. Many people may have the same name as you, but remember that each person is unique and that is what makes you different from the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have a really cute name , do not change it is part of you and you better love it , all love .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shanshan. Glad to read your story. You probably don't need a nick name because both call Shanshan. Thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, shanshan. Your story of your name is so interesting, I like it. I think your name is very easy to remember, this also is the good things for your name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shanshan, even though you say your name is pretty common, I think it is a very cool name. I have never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...