Sunday, September 15, 2024

Me or my grandmother

                                                            Me or my grandmother

            Meriem , that is my name . It is the name I used to hate a long time ago because I used to believe  that it is an ugly name .  

           In my country Algeria , I met a lot of young women that had the same name as mine ,and that makes me feel like I am not special . My three siblings Sophia , Karimane amd Mohamed Ali have rarenames not like mine , that is what makes me blame my parents which is the most stupid thing I have ever done .

          One day , I was sitting with my family including my grandparents , and they started talking about my name . I felt something in my heart like happiness when I heard that my father named me Meriem after his mother because he used to be close to her. When he was young , he promised her to give her name to his first child and it was me . 

           Now I would say I am proud of being Meriem even if it is not a rare name , but I am special.

           I think what makes the person special is not the name but the story behind it or even after it . I am trying to give my name the best story that I could ever tell.




5 comments:

  1. Hii Meriem. While reading your story I remembered a similar Spanish name, Mariam. It really is a beautiful name in both senses. On the other hand, it is so beautiful that your family bonds together and that your loved ones will somehow always remain in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Meriem! Your father named you after his closest mother, and I think you and your father also must be very close. Thank you for sharing, this special story made your name very special, too.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meriem! the story behind your name is so beautiful and real. You are special not only for your name, but also for the love that inspired it. Thanks for share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Meriem! the story is very touching. You are your father's first child. Your name has a specific meaning to your parents. I have a similar experience, too. Thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Meriem. After I read your story, I felt so warm. Becuse this is the way that your father getting close your grandmother, and it is also the way that your father love you.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...