Sunday, September 15, 2024

My name-Qianmin LI

 

                                                 Cheerful Replaces Restraint

             I like my Chinese name so much because my name is Qianmin Li 黎倩敏. It’s the name that my father gave meWhen I was growing up, some friends and teachers I met would say that my name is so nice when they heard it for the first time. Therefore, I like my name because it sounds good. When I was ten, I wondered what my name meant, so I went to ask my parents. They explained that in Chinese history and dictionary, Qian means pretty and happy and Min means smart and capable. Now I like my name not only for the beautiful sounds but also its unique meaning. My parents also told me Qianmin Li was not the first name they chose for me when I was born. My first name is Wenya Li which means action elegant and graceful behaviorIt's having the same meaning with Siwen in Chinese's. However, they thought that after this name, I would become constrained most of the time because in their opinion a name represents a person. They didn't want me to be careful because of my name and wanted me to be myself. Due to that, they also wanted me to be happy and be freedom more than constrained. Finally, they decided to give me the name Qianmin Li. I think my name has related to me all the time because I am a happy, beautify, an interesting woman every day. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Qianmin! It’s good to hear your story about your name! Your name has wonderful meanings. And I believe that you really like your name as you are because you are so smart, humorous, optimistic in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quanmin LI, your name describes a part of you and that is very beautiful. I am glad that you identify so much with your name and its meanings, both names are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Qianmin, I am glad to know the meaning of your name. I didn't know this before. I hope you are always pretty, happy, smart and capable all the time. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...