Wednesday, September 18, 2024


 


                                                                           Two in One

My name is Jaremi Flores. My father created my name from a combination of siblings. My older brother’s name is Jared, and my middle brother’s name is Emiliano. My father decided to put the three first letters together to create Jaremi. Honestly, I like my name for various reasons. The first is because it is not common in Spanish, and is a little bit funny. When Spanish speakers try to pronounce my name, it is hard and strange. On the other hand, sometimes it is not funny because when I came to the United States, many American speakers pronounced my name like Jeremi. In my mind, it sounds like a man’s name, but I understand because in English the pronunciation of the alphabet is very different. Another reason why I like my name is because my siblings and I are connected. I think that is very cute because they are my support and my happiness in my life. I remember when I was in Mexico days before changing countries, my father told me that the creation of my name was significant because my siblings and I had to always stay together. When he said that, I wanted to cry. At the same time, I felt peace in my heart because regardless of whatever the situation or distance, we have a strong bond, and I know perfectly well that they will always be there for me and I for them.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaremi, it's so interesting that your name is combined with your brothers' name. Your dad gave you a special name. I liked that your dad said he hopes your brothers and you can always stay together. I wanted to cry too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Lost in translation - Alan Castaneda

The Rush I am living the big city routine in my way. I am from El Grullo Jalisco, a small town located in Mexico, a town where people ca...